Sunday, January 15, 2012

Enamel Loves Kids

Hello 2012! I hope you had a wonderful break over Christmas and New Year. We have been enjoying days by the beach, fossicking in faraway corners and lots and lots of icecream......YAY!

Having friends over during the holidays has got me thinking about entertaining when there are lots of kids in a small space. For me, I can't go past my enamelware collection.  Over the years I have collected quite a few pieces. I have sold some in the shop but here are some of the pieces I have kept for myself. The lidded dishes are great for Summertime - they can hold dips, chips, crackers or even sliced ham and they stay fly free! The tray is great for cut fruit, watermelon looks so beautiful on this one and the open bowls are good for candy and lollipops. Kids can throw these  around,which may give them another ding or two, but I think this just adds to their vintage appeal. When we have families over I am always determined to keep it pretty and I think these pieces are simply that...have fun...maria x


No comments:

Post a Comment