Monday, April 19, 2010

skinny dip - avocado, chive and lemon dip


This is a lovely little dip. You can serve it with corn chips, rice crackers, grissini or flat bread. I usually serve it like a condiment with cold meats, cheese and bread. It is so quick and easy and you can do all sorts of things with the left over yoghurt. My next post will show you one in particular.

List of stuff:
1 ripe avocado
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons plain greek yoghurt
sea salt and pepper

Process the flesh of the avocado with the garlic. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Chill. Scatter with chives just before serving. I like this dip a little chunky but it's completely up to you.

I buy avocados in packs of 4. After I've used 1 for the vegetarian burritos and 1 or 2 in salads I usually make this for something a bit different, otherwise it will go straight to the worms!

No comments:

Post a Comment