Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby it's cold outside - hot toddy


Most people would tell you that a hot toddy can cure anything. Well I don't know about that. I do know that apart from a well made cup of tea or some chickpea and leek soup, this is the next best thing! I think Bundaberg rum works best in this drink.

Splash a good dash of rum into a mug (unless you have a heat resistant glass tumbler), add 2-3 cloves and a cinnamon stick and top up with hot water. Sweeten with a little sugar or honey. It may take you a couple of goes before you get the taste right. I have to say I like just a touch of honey and not too much hot water.

Make sure the kids are in bed, you put your feet up and enjoy this with your partner as the rain tumbles down outside...."cause baby it's cold outside".

No comments:

Post a Comment